King of Retro will be held on Saturday, Oct. 28th at 3PM. Here are the Complete Rules for the Tournament!
How to Enter:
Entry Fee is $5 and Only 32 People Can ENTER! Sign Ups will begin Monday, Oct. 23rd, we are not taking any entries any sooner than that. You must Come In to GameXcape to sign up! Do not call us or Message us on Facebook to try to enter, you will be ignored. We will need just your name, Your Actual Name (No Nicknames), and entry fee when you sign up. If you sign up early but find out you will not be able to make it, you can be refunded your entry fee as long as you let us know by calling us or coming in, Do Not contact us through Facebook to let us know, by end of work day Friday, Oct. 27th. If you fail to contact us, you will not be refunded your money and it will go into the prize pot. We will start role call around 2:45PM on Saturday. At 3PM, if you are not there, you will be removed from the Tournament. If for some reason, you are running late, Call US! We will do you a favor and put you at the bottom of the list, but if you do not show when your name comes up, you will be removed. When the tournament begins, if people are missing and we need fillers, you can get in our Last Minute Entry and fill in the empty spot.
On Friday, Oct. 27th, from 6-8PM is Free Training Night. If you are wanting to get an edge for the tournament, you can come in and train for FREE on a select list of games that might be used in the tournament. Only People that have already signed up can train for Free. It is also Not Guaranteed that the game you train on will be used in the Tournament. So choose wisely…
1. Cheating will not be allowed of any kind! That is counting towards glitches, cheat codes, whatever. If you cheat, you will be kicked out of the Tournament!
2. The games are either Score Based, Time Based or Elimination. The Rules will be explained at the start of each game. Typically the person/people with the lowest score will be eliminated. We might remove more than One Person on some games.
3. When each game begins, we will call a name. It will all be selected at Random. You have 1 Minute to respond and get into place to start. If you fail to be there, you will be removed. If you need to use the bathroom or get some food, LET US KNOW! We can wait, have you play later or something, just let us know. However, if you take too long and we are at the end of the list, you will be removed. You can ask us when you will be up and we can let you know.
4. Food will not be allowed in the store. Drinks are ok but please dispose of them properly when you are done with it. You will not be allowed to put your drinks on the tables with the TVs and Game Consoles. If you want to eat, you have to do it outside. No Alcoholic Drinks allowed as well.
5. If you are causing problems in the store, you will be kicked out. So please, don’t cause a problem. Be respectful of the equipment and others. We haven’t had a problem in the past and we would like it to stay that way. We want everyone to have a good time and have fun.
6. The Tournament will be Streamed Live Through our Facebook Page! So if you wish to view the tournament, Click Here!
As Always, The Winner will get a Sweet Trophy. Oh yes. The guys at at Showtime Sports & Trophies are making it as we speak and will be ready soon. We will have the trophy on display in the store and photo here as soon as it is done. Prizes will be given to 1st and 2nd place. 1st Place winner will get the sweet sweet trophy as well as 75% of the Entry Fee in a GameXcape Gift Certificate. 2nd Place will get the remainder 25% of the Entry Fee in a GameXcape Gift Certificate. So if 32 People Enter, That’s $120 to First and $40 to Second.
So Spread the Word and we will see you then!