The 4th Annual King of Retro Tournament will begin Saturday, October 20th from 1PM-4PM. Below are the Rules for the Tournament.
- Sign ups begin October 1st. Entry Fee is $5 and you must pay upon signing up. There is No Refund for your Entry Fee, so you must know for sure that you want to be in it if you sign up. We are allowing ONLY 16 Entries to join and there is NO Age Restriction for the Tournament.
- The Tournament will be based on a point system, kind of like Mario Kart. Example: If 16 people sign up, 1st place will get 15 Points, 2nd will get 14 and so on and so forth. This isn’t an Elimination Tournament, so if you are last in a game, you are not out and still have a chance to win.
- Depending on the game, it will either be Score Based or Time Based. For the Score Based games, you will have 3 mins or until Out of Lives to score as many points as possible. For Time Based, Fastest time wins. We will keep playing games until a designated time when we will pick the Top 4 to compete for the Top 2 and then the Winner!
- We will have the Basic Button Layout for the players to see before each game. Only the player playing will get to see it and will get 30 seconds to view the controls before they begin.
- The names of who goes First will be drawn at random for the First Game. After that however, the ranking positions will determine the starting positions for the following games. So if you are in First at the start of the next game, you will be going first and so on and so on. When your name is called, unless you speak to the person in charge prior to your turn coming up (Like you have to use the bathroom or something), you will have 1 min to get ready to play. When you come up, you get 30 seconds to see the controls and then you start. If you not there when the time is up, it will be an automatic Elimination for that Game Only.
- We will not allow any rough housing of any kind during the Tournament. This is a friendly competition and we don’t want it ruined by someone raging that they are not winning or anything. If you become rough or violent, you will be removed from the premises.
- You are not allowed to view videos or strategy guides of any sort on the game being played to try and gain an advantage. We consider this a form of cheating. If you are caught cheating in any way, the First Time will be an automatic Last Place. The Second Time will be a Disqualification and you will be out of the Tournament.